The Ocular Microsurgery & Laser Centre is a state-of-the art, tertiary-care subspecialty facility in Ophthalmology, specializing in the diagnosis and management of surgical and medical conditions of the eye. As a tertiary care centre, this is achieved through collaboration with Public, Private, Academic and Research entities.
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Cataract Surgery with advanced technology lenses to correct astigmatism and reduce the need for reading glasses
- Corneal Surgery, with a “Designer Surgery” approach. This focuses on addressing corneal problems depending on the layer involved, keeping in mind that the cornea is merely 0.5mm in thickness! Thus, we offer DSEK, DALK, and PTK in addition to full thickness transplants and Boston Keratoprosthesis
- At Image Plus Laser Eye Centre, we offer LASIK, PRK, Intacs and Kamra inlay.
- OMLC is a referral centre for Keratoconus, where we offer a customized approach, including Crosslinking, therapeutic laser treatments (PTK), Intacs and Visian ICL
- Glaucoma procedures, including lasers (SLT and Iridotomy), Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (iStent) and filtration procedures (Trabeculectomy)
- Refractive surgery procedures for myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism and presbyopia. We offer, in conjunction with our partners, Excimer laser, Intralase Femtosecond laser, Refractive Lens Exchange (RLE) and VIsian ICL for high prescriptions. Management of complex astigmatism
- Academic Ophthalmology at the University of Manitoba, supervising the Resident Clinic in a brand new facility at the Misericordia Buhler Eye Care Centre
- Retina Clinic for the management of Wet Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy and Ocular Vascular Disorders. Retina Surgeons from Winnipeg come on a monthly basis to assess and treat patients.
- Optometric co-management with community Optometrists.
- IOL Master for intraocular lens implant calculation
- Endothelial cell microscope (Specular microscopy)
- Corneal topography, tomography and Scheimpflug imaging of the cornea
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) for layer-by-layer assessment of the Cornea, Optic Nerve (Glaucoma) and Retina
- Corneal and Ocular aberrometry -for the diagnosis and management of complex corneal conditions -iTrace, Wavescan and Sirius (Image Plus)
- Ocular Ultrasound, A- and B-Scan
- Corneal thickness measurement (Pachymetry)
- Tear Film assessment (TearLab)
- Visual Field testing for glaucoma Surgical equipment available for the benefit of our patients includes: 1. Cataract removal via Ultrasonic Phacoemulsification (Stellaris and Infinity) in Brandon and Minnedosa. 2. Victus femtosecond laser-assisted cataract and corneal surgery 3. Femotosecond (Intralase) and Excimer Lasers (Visx iDesign and Amaris 750) at Image Plus Laser Eye Centre 4. YAG and Argon Lasers 5. Advanced Technology lens implants for astigmatism and presbyopia
- Canadian Ophthalmological Society (1991)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology: International Member (1992)
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (1995)
- Paton Society, Eye Bank Association of America (1996)
- Keratomileusis Study Group (KMSG). Canadian Delegate (1996)
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba (1998)
- Doctors Manitoba (1998)
- Canadian External Disease and Cornea Society (1998)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (1995)